Like satellites orbiting a planet, the Brisa’s select mahogany blades and lunar counterweight gently revolve about its spherical gear housing. The fan head can be infinitely positioned in a 180-degree arc for optimum air movement; the greater the angle of the motor to the horizontal support rods (up or down), the faster the axial rotation. A slow, controlled axial rotation is achieved by both fan head position and fan blade speed.
- Matthews rotational fans circulate heat and air conditioning more efficiently than traditional paddle fans.
- Constructed of cast aluminum, heavy spun and stamped steel, the Brisa carries a limited lifetime warranty.
- Each unique motor mount and fan head knob is made of genuine marbleized Bakelite.
- The Brisa is available with the following blade options:
• metal blades with decorative metal blade guards
• solid, ecologically harvested Brazilian mahogany blades without blade guards
• metal blades with metal safety cages for use in low ceiling applications (7 ft in US / 8.2 ft in Canada)
- Standard Equipment:
• Lutron decora-style SFS-5E fully variable wall switch in white
• 10″ downrod. 5″, 20″, 30″, 48″ or 72″ downrods available. Downrods can be easily field cut; they are not threaded.
• Flat ceiling canopy. Not compatible with vaulted ceiling canopy accessory.
- Metal fan heads with protective powder or clear coatings are suitable for Damp Location.
- Safety cages available for low ceiling applications.
- Damp location with powder or clear coat only. Not recommended for salt water/ocean front applications.
- CFM: 2376 (Wood Fan Head) Blade Pitch 19°
- CFM: 1265 (Metal Fan Head) Blade Pitch 31°